At this year’s State Fair Golden Opportunity Gilt Sale the California Pork Producers Association’s will provide two scholarships to graduating seniors and/or first-year college students pursuing an academic career in agriculture, preferably with an emphasis in the swine industry.
Purpose: To provide financial assistance to students pursuing an academic program in an agricultural related field, preferably with a focus in the swine industry.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2016. Late or incomplete applications will be not be accepted.
Award: Two $1500 scholarships
Eligibility: Must be a 2016 California State Fair Junior Swine Exhibitor, Graduating High School Senior and/or first year student enrolled in either a recognized California or Out-of-State Community College or State University and have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA.
• Completed application.
• Verification of enrollment in a recognized California or Out-of-State Community College or State University.
• Two Letters of Recommendation.
• One page essay on short term and long-term goals along with career objectives, involvement with the California swine industry, work experience, and related achievements and honors.
• Copy of Transcripts.
• Verification of paid 2016 State Fair entry fees.
The following shall apply to Scholarship Recipients:
• Funds shall be placed in an account at the school to be attended or attending.
• Funds shall only be applied to school tuition, books, and supplies.
• All or part of these funds may be used at any time during the academic year of award.
• If the recipient fails to maintain a 2.5 overall CPA, the remaining funds shall be forfeited and returned to the scholarship fund.
Deadline to Apply: July 1, 2016