The Golden Opportunity Gilt Sale is hosted and sponsored by California Pork Producers Association.
The sale benefits junior California State Fair Junior Swine Exhibitors by allowing for the top genetics within the country to be purchased and highlighted as part of the California State Fair Junior Breeding Swine show.
Proceeds from the Golden Opportunity Sale help fund the California Pork Producers Association “Golden Opportunity Scholarships,” which are awarded to California State Fair Junior Swine Exhibitors who are graduating seniors and/or first-year college students pursuing an academic career in agriculture, with an emphasis in the swine industry. The 2017 Golden Opportunity Gilt Sale will fund three $1,500 scholarships in 2018.
Location: California State Fair, Cal Expo, Sacramento
- The 15 gilts selected by the Junior Breeding Swine Show Judge will sell in a live auction managed by the California Pork Producers Association.
- This sale is a non-terminal sale.
- The sale will take place in the L3 Show Ring on Saturday, July 15, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.
- The gilts sold in the sale will be released following the sale. All gilts sold in the sale must be removed from the California State Fair grounds prior to 7:00 p.m. on the day of the sale. This rule does not apply to gilts purchased by an Exhibitor and/or buy-backs. These animals are subject to State Fair release rules. It is the buyer’s responsibility to make arrangements for transportation.
- The California Pork Producers Association Sale Committee will collect all pedigrees of those animals selected for the sale at the end of the Junior Breeding Swine Show.
- COMMISSION: The commission fee is 15%. Any Exhibitor whose gilt is selected to sell will receive the sale money minus 15% commission (commission, scholarship and checkoff) in addition to any State Fair Premium Awards listed in the 2018 Competition Handbook. There are no buyer premiums.
- PAYMENT: Payments to consignors will be completed after buyers payments have cleared and not before. All payments to consignors shall be performed by the California Pork Producers Association.
- TERMS: Individual animals will be sold to the highest bidder. The auctioneer’s decision is final on any disputed bids. All animals are at the purchaser’s risk as soon as sold. All payments must be made at the sale, unless other arrangements are made with the Sale Clerk (California Pork Producers Association representative). All settlements are to be made with the Sale Clerk immediately following the sale. (A 15% buy-back commission will be charged to all exhibitors who “buy-back” their own animals through the sale). Cash, check or credit card. A 20% surcharge will be assessed to any insufficient funds check issued. Credit card payments will have a 5% surcharge added to the total purchase price. There are no buyer premiums.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION: The auctioneer’s decision is final on any disputed bids. In the event of any disputes, the California Pork Producers Association Sale Committee has the authority to arbitrate and settle all claims.
- REGISTRATION: A certificate of registration with ownership transferred to the buyer will be furnished by each consignor for each animal sold at no cost to the buyer. Registration certificates will be held by the Sale Clerk (California Pork Producers Association representative) and transferred to the buyer as part of the general sales expenses.
- HEALTH: Individual Health Papers will be required on all breeding stock to facilitate out of state purchases. This is the seller’s responsibility. The California State Fair Veterinarian may be available to produce health papers for exhibitors for a fee.
- SALE GUARANTEE: Except for those stated in the below guarantee, there are no warranties, either expressed or implied, as to the merchantability or fitness for the particular purpose with respect to the gilts being sold in this sale. The warranties and guarantees set forth in the agreement below guarantee in lieu of all other warranties, either expressed or implied, and the remedies provided therein shall be the sole and exclusive remedy of the buyer, or any party claiming through the buyer, for any breach of warranty or guarantee therein provide, and all obligation or liabilities.
For State Fair show and sale information click here.