At this year’s Golden Opportunity Gilt Sale the California Pork Producers Association’s will provide one scholarship to a graduating senior and/or first-year college student pursuing an academic career in agriculture, preferably with an emphasis in the swine industry. The Golden Opportunity Scholarships will be awarded at the California Youth Ag Expo show in Tulare.
Purpose: To provide financial assistance to students pursuing an academic program in an agricultural related field, preferably with a focus in the swine industry.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2023. Late or incomplete applications will be not be accepted.
Award: One $5,000 scholarship
Eligibility: Graduating High School Senior and/or first year student enrolled in either a recognized California or Out-of-State Community College or State University, with a minimum 2.50 GPA.
- Completed application.
- Verification of enrollment in a recognized California or out-of-state community college or state university.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- One short and one long answer essay question.
- Copy of transcripts.
The following shall apply to Scholarship Recipients:
- Funds shall be placed in an account at the school to be attended or attending.
- Funds shall be applied to the cost of attendance.
- All or part of these funds may be used at any time during the academic year of award.
- If the recipient fails to maintain a 2.50 overall CPA, the remaining funds shall be forfeited and returned to the scholarship fund.